Huming-yay

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I’m almost up to Chapter four of For Whom the Bell Tolls. So far it’s pretty good it’s just I find the style of speaking a little awkward. It sounds sort of like all of them are speaking languages that aren’t their native tongue. Robert Jordan is, but the rest of the characters are speaking Spanish. I guess maybe it’s like that since in a way all of the dialogue is a translation into English.

Some parts I liked:

“I am an old man who will live until I die,” Anselmo told him. “Also I am not afraid of foxes.”

“The gypsies believe the bear to be a brother to man because he has the same body beneath his hide, because he drinks beer, because he enjoys music and because he likes to dance.” – Anselmo

What kind of bear is this?!

There was another part that I don’t exactly remember. I’ll post it when I find it again.

0 comments:

Search This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP